There is lots that can be learnt from attending one of VMware’s user group meetings (VMUGs). I’ve attended a few now and learnt lots of new things and got some great ideas of where various technologies are going.
One of the offerings is their VMUG Advantage programme. This is costs around £145 (or 10% off with code ADVNOW) for a yearly subscription and provides some great benefits. Most companies will pay for this provided there is a sufficient business case. VMware also provide a prewritten business case letter\email that you can find here and there are also discounts for group subscriptions.
I’ve listed the benefits below, that you can use in your case:
365 day evaluation licenses for 15+ VMware solutions (also includes VMware Cloud Foundation) for home lab use. The licenses allow the software to be updated to the most current version. For a full list of products see here.
- 20% Off VMware Training Courses (On Demand & Instructor Lead)
- 20-25% off VMware Certification Exams (excludes Delta exams & VCDX exams)
- 35% off VMware Prep
- 35% off VMware Lab Connect
- 35% off Premium Learning Subscriptions
- Access to Test Drive by VMware
$100 off VMworld